- Individuals entering their sophomore or junior years of college may apply for a 3-year or 2-year (Sideload) scholarship through their college’s NROTC Unit. Applications must be received no later than 15 May. If interested please contact: FreshmanAdvisor@umich.edu.
**Due to the nature of forms containing personally identifiable information (PII), you will need to physically drop the package off in person to our office, or send it via UPS/FedEx/USPS to our office address (ATTN: Freshman Advisor)**
- Students applying for a two or three year scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) but no more than 120 semester hours (180 quarter hours).
- Must have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be admitted to or in process of gaining admittance to school affiliated with the NROTC Unit from which they are being nominated.
- Students may apply for only one of two programs options; Navy or Nurse (Nursing is not open to Marine Option applicants).
- Full tuition
- Stipend for textbooks
- Monthly stipend
- Sophomore $300/month
- Junior $350/month
- Senior $400/month
- If you are not a part of the program already, apply through the NROTC unit of your university.
- For current College Program MIDN, only the (*) documents are required below.
- To apply you must complete the application below, obtain the required documents, and submit your application to the Recruiting Officer at your university NROTC unit. Once your documents have been received, you will schedule an Official Scholarship Interview with the NROTC unit.
- **Due to the nature of forms containing personally identifiable information (PII), you will need to physically drop the package off in person to our office, or send it via UPS/FedEx/USPS to our office address (ATTN: Freshman Advisor)**
- NOTE: In some instances, you will need to download the below PDFs onto your computer and open it directly through Adobe in order to see and fill out the form.
- Contents of application:
- Application Letter (see sample)
- Applicant Fitness Assessment Score Sheet
- *Current copy of college transcripts (send updated one with W21 grades)
- Letter of admission to UM or EMU if not currently enrolled
- *Degree Plan (to include required NROTC courses)
- This is to ensure that you will graduate on time/with your year group. Utilize the course listings and “Scholarship” column in the chart below
- NROTC Course Requirements
- *Statement of Understanding for NROTC Navy Option Applications
- Statement of Understanding for NROTC Nurse Option Applications
- *Drug Statement
- *Debarment statement
- *Application Essay Response
- Letter of reference (optional)
- 2 or 3 Year Scholarship – Applicant Personal Data Record (signed and dated)
- Your application must be received by the NROTC Unit no later than 15 May.
- The Professor of Naval Science will review and may forward your application to the scholarship selection board.
- The Selection board meets at the end of July.
- You will receive a letter notifying you of the results of the selection board.