Current College Students
- Individuals entering their sophomore or junior years of college may apply for a scholarship through their college’s NROTC Unit. Applications must be received no later than 30 April. If interested please contact: FreshmanAdvisor@umich.edu.
- Students applying for a two or three year scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) but no more than 90 semester hours (135 quarter hours).
- Must have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be admitted to or in process of gaining admittance to school affiliated with the NROTC Unit from which they are being nominated.
- Students may apply for only one of two programs options; Navy or Nurse (not open to Marine Option applicants).
- Full tuition
- Stipend for textbooks
- Monthly stipend
- Sophomore $300/month
- Junior $350/month
- Senior $400/month
- Apply through the NROTC unit of your university.
- To apply you must complete the application below, obtain the required documents, and submit your application to the Professor of Naval Science at your university. Once your documents have been received, you will schedule an Official Scholarship Interview with the NROTC unit.
- The following documents can be found in the Documents page under the Prospective Students tab.
- Contents of application:
- Application Letter (see sample)
- Applicant Fitness Assessment Score Sheet
- Current copy of college transcripts
- Letter of admission
- Degree Plan
- Statement of Understanding
- Drug Statement
- Debarment statement
- Letters of reference (if you wish)
- 2 or 3 Year Scholarship – Applicant Personal Data Record (signed and dated)
- Your application must be received by the NROTC Unit no later than 30 April.
- The Professor of Naval Science will review and may forward your application to the scholarship selection board.
- The Selection board meets at the end of June.
- You will receive a letter notifying you of the results of the selection board.