Current College Students
Individuals entering their sophomore or junior years of college may apply for a scholarship through their college's NROTC Unit. Applications must be received no later than 30 April. If interested please contact: FreshmanAdvisor@umich.edu.
Students applying for a two or three year scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) but no more than 90 semester hours (135 quarter hours).
- Must have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be admitted to or in process of gaining admittance to school affiliated with the NROTC Unit from which they are being nominated.
- Students may apply for only one of two programs options; Navy or Nurse (not open to Marine Option applicants).
- Full tuition
- Stipend for text books
- Monthly Stipend
- Sophomore $300/month
- Junior $350/month
- Senior $400/month
- Apply through the NROTC unit of your university
- To apply you must complete the application below, obtain the required documents, and submit your application to the Professor of Naval Science at your university
- Contents of application:
- Application Letter (see sample)
- Signed and dated Personal Information Sheet
- Current copy of college transcripts
- Letter of admission
- Degree Plan
- Statement of Understanding
- Drug Statement
- Debarment statement
- Letters of reference (if you wish)
- 2 or 3 Year Scholarship - Applicant Personal Data Record
- Your application must be received by the NROTC Unit no later than 30 April.
- The Professor of Naval Science will review and may forward you application to the scholarship selection board.
- The Selection board meets at the end of June.
- You will receive a letter notifying you of the results of the selection board.