1. University of Michigan Naval ROTC is provided as a public service by the DoD.
2. Information presented on this service not identified as protected by copyright is considered public
information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline, photo, and image credits
3. For site management, information is collected for statistical
purposes. This U.S. Government computer system uses software programs to create summary
statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least
interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, software
programs are employed to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or
change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and national security purposes, no other
attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits beyond DoD websites. Raw
data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance
with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Web measurement and customization technologies (WMCT) may be used on this site to remember
your online interactions, to conduct measurement and analysis of usage, or to customize your
experience. The Department of Defense does not use the information associated with WMCT to
track individual user activity on the Internet outside of Defense Department websites, nor does it
share the data obtained through such technologies, without your explicit consent, with other
departments or agencies. The Department of Defense does not keep a database of information
obtained from the use of WMCT. General instructions for how you may opt out of some of
the most commonly used WMCT is available at http://www.usa.gov/optout_instructions.shtml.
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this site are strictly
prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the
National Information Infrastructure Protection Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030).
8. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them
to the following address: webmaster.